|It's not nice to fool Mother Nature!|
We are certified to use Organic products to:
- Safeguard your Family and Pets
- Preserve your Trees and Plants
- Help Protect the Environment
- Save you Money
Commercial chemicals will give you a green lawn, very quickly, but only in the short-term. They exhaust the grass roots, kill the good bacteria and fungi, disrupt the PH balance and create an ideal environment for insect pest populations to thrive.
Without the beneficial microorganisms there to nurture the soil and keep it alive, there is no microbial life to decompose the thatch build-up that occurs.
Chemical toxins debilitate vegetation, contaminate the soil, seep into the water table and threaten the water supply.
It can take from 2 to 5 years to completely restore a chemically-treated lawn to a healthy, self-sustaining condition, but the long-term rewards are worth it.
Once your lawn is healthy:
- Water-soil infiltration will increase.
- Surface run-off will decrease.
- Resistance to insects and disease damage will increase.
- Requirements for watering will decrease.
- Your water bill will be reduced.
- You will find that you no longer need to apply those costly toxic chemical treatments several times a year.
With an Organic lawn:
- No more Toxic Warning flags all over your lawn
- No more worries about the exposure to children and pets
Exposure to chemical pesticides has been linked to diseases in both humans and pets. (See web links below.)
Chemical Lawn Care Dangers
Herbicides Increase Cancer Risk in Dogs
Dogs Get Cancer From Weed Killers
Pesticide Education Center
Grassroots Healthy Lawn Program
Grassroots Environmental Education
Top of Page